Saturday, March 13, 2010

Finally We Meet

The boys and I took a little drive across Abilene for a play date with a childhood friend of mine, his wife and their two boys. I've been reading his wife's blog for a while now and though we had never technically met in person {besides a "hello" at someone's wedding we can't remember}, I feel like I know her as a sweet friend of mine. When they made a trip from Mississippi to Abilene to stay with his family, I made sure I was going to be in town. We finally met and our boys finally played together. Jack {3; 2 months younger than Creighton} and Sam {4 months old} Mullins & Griffin {7 months old} and Creighton {3 years old} Polnick. The two older boys look exactly like their dads and the two babies are still on debate for lookin' like us mamas! These pictures were taken after two hours of playing outside on the swing set, the 4 wheeler {which apparently we need now},the Gator and eating who-knows-how-many cookies Gumbea {their grandmother} made for the boys. It was a great day to spend catching up with Neil and his family and getting to know his wife face to face.

I knew both of my boys fell asleep on the way somewhere between Mimi's house and their house, but when I opened the back door, I never expected to find them like this. I'll be honest, the mere sight, almost made me cry.
I unloaded them and well, I should have let them sleep. Creighton basically went mute for the first hour. Jack and his cousin, Camp, were so confused as to why he wouldn't speak to them. In fact, they both at some point said, "Hey, why aren't you talking to me!" Sorry, it comes by him naturally! He finally warmed up and though he wasn't himself until we were back in the car, he said he had a really fun time.
I can't wait until they come back to A-town for another family visit. I'll be sure to be there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment